Skip to main content

Overnight Sensation

Overnight Sensation
1. Overnight Sensation


Overnight Sensation
(chorus)
any way you want, any time you need
everybody shakes, every time you dance
ooh overnight, ooh sensation
ooh overnight, ooh sensation
(end chorus)

rose to fame practically in a single minute
who knew that singing and playing guitar in a bunny suit
would bring me to peak popularity heights
everybody wants to work with me
every man tries to be friendly
my name's plastered all over your household
you say I'm washed up
your mama says I'm cool
many rivals have challenged the throne
constant reinvention made me real to the bone
I guess when it was my turn to take the crown
I've held onto it for so long, bad trip
so now I'm considered pop culture royalty, I'm the reigning king
putting in the work
coming up with fresh ideas
taking a chance on a throwback
lead me here, in the groovy clear
this is my time and I'm not going away any time soon

(chorus)
any way you want, any time you need
anything I touch turns to gold
everything I do sets a new trend
everybody shakes, every time you dance
I'm hungry, a starving artist
I'm the rule and exception
any way you want, any time you need
magazines gone cold, my topic's hot
if you need inspiration, that's all I got
everybody shakes, every time you dance
my 15 minutes turned into an hour
the red carpet I walk is nothing but flowers
ooh overnight, ooh sensation
ooh overnight, ooh sensation
(end chorus)

(verse 2)
I like to please my audience with my nice body
the telephone rings, it's a z-lister, I hang up
I make the call, it's a big producer, they cancel all their appointments
it's a human vibration, I used to be soft, now I'm tougher
my big break was lucky, now I'm a star shining
every setback, hiccup, and taunt
turned into mad game with fame and wealth that I flaunt
try to take me down, I'll come back with a new concept
and a hit song
manager wants me to star in pictures
I stay in my lane
selling out stadium tour concerts
I bet you're buying tickets, aren't you?
dropping my name, but when they look you in the face
they're not looking at me, so it's not the same

(chorus)
any way you want, any time you need
keep going until I'm a legend
performing on stage, showing my magic
everybody shakes, every time you dance
I take pictures with the needy for good press
they bring a scandal, but I'm not hard pressed
any way you want, any time you need
the fans that have been there all along
know who I really am, never alone
everybody shakes, every time you dance
I'm hungry, a starving artist
I'm the rule and exception
(end chorus)

(bridge)
everybody shakes, every time you dance
I'm hungry, a starving artist
I'm the rule and exception

(chorus)
any way you want, any time you need
anything I touch turns to gold
everything I do sets a new trend
everybody shakes, every time you dance
I'm hungry, a starving artist
I'm the rule and exception
any way you want, any time you need
magazines gone cold, my topic's hot
if you need inspiration, that's all I got
everybody shakes, every time you dance
my 15 minutes turned into an hour
the red carpet I walk is nothing but flowers
(end chorus)





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mystery Butterfly

Mystery Butterfly 1. Mystery Butterfly Mystery Butterfly (verse 1) open your shiny eyes in the silent night I swooped down into the mystery sneaking in alleyways without any sound of footsteps crouching my back in seductive black cat pose the moonlight carries a shadow on its back of my silhouette "come here" it smiles as it beckons to me it's tempting a contour of desire squirms in the sleepless city it wanders in the guise of a guardian angel to me it holds piece of love without a place to go in its arm as if they're precious treasures as you fall to sleep blissfully are you somewhere having a good dream ignorantly being happy as anyone would want the starry sky kisses you it's time for good children to go to bed to sleep (chorus) don't look at me, don't catch me don't try to be what's become of me I'm a butterfly who got lost in the dark freely singing with monochrome wings no one can see I'm hiding away in your heavy heart (end chorus) ...

Impressions + Expressions

Impressions + Expressions 1. Stop the Fight 2. Once Again 3. Plastic Love 4. Tell Me, Tell Me 5. Cheer Up Please 6. OH NO, OH YES! 7. Morning Glory 8. LINDA 9. Jersey Beat Sing Along 10. Marvelous Peach Pie 11. SEPTEMBER 12. Color: White Blend 13. Continuation of the Dream 14. Tonight's a HEARTY PARTY 15. Single Again 16. Camouflage Stop the Fight (chorus) please stop the fight, everything will be alright I have learned my lesson, so now there's no reason to continue being rough and tough (end chorus) (verse 1) you're the wrong type to fatally attract and I need to redact a statement or two or three because it wasn't just you and me I was confident it would all work out wavering hearts of young girls can't find it wrong to date two men I didn't know it'd be like that then I'm sorry, I admit it's all my fault that I sort of enjoyed toying with their hearts and tearing them apart and slightly stringing them along but after tonight I know it's all w...

Unrequited Finally

Unrequited Finally 1. Unrequited Finally Unrequited Finally (verse 1) you and I together made a solemn unspoken oath a secret never told is the very one best kept I shy away when our eyes suddenly meet like I've got a secret identity that I've just got to keep I long to get out of here and feel the spring air at night I can dream only of your long hair we snuck off when no one was looking now you act like you don't know me what is all of this? (chorus) I like that, but why do I like that? my first fantasy and my last taste of love my feelings awakened and fell from above my heart burst from happiness like an attack I like that, but why do I like that? you moved on, but I'm still stuck just chop it up to being romantically sick this is what's called unrequited love finally (end chorus) (verse 2) the lips you kissed are forever sealed shut but they pinned me against the tiled bathroom wall your friends raised eyebrows and asked questions you said not to worry because ...